During the Marvel panel at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday, director Ryan Coogler confirmed several actors that had been rumored to have joined the film would indeed join Chadwick Boseman in Black Panther when it hits theaters on June 6, 2018.
Michael B. Jordan, who worked with Coogler on Creed, will play the villain, Erik Killmonger. Lupita Nyong’o and Danai Gurira will play warriors in Black Panther’s homeland of Wakanda named Nakai and Okoye, respectively. Coogler called the women, who are in the Dora Milaje, “the best fighters in the kingdom.”
They all appeared onstage during the panel. Filming for the movie begins in January.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time