During the Marvel panel at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday, director Ryan Coogler confirmed several actors that had been rumored to have joined the film would indeed join Chadwick Boseman in Black Panther when it hits theaters on June 6, 2018.
Michael B. Jordan, who worked with Coogler on Creed, will play the villain, Erik Killmonger. Lupita Nyong’o and Danai Gurira will play warriors in Black Panther’s homeland of Wakanda named Nakai and Okoye, respectively. Coogler called the women, who are in the Dora Milaje, “the best fighters in the kingdom.”
They all appeared onstage during the panel. Filming for the movie begins in January.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working