The trailer offered more setup for the film: In 1920s New York, Muggles (or what Americans call “no-maj”) fear the magical creatures that have begun popping up around the city, some of them more frightening than others. It turns out that the source of these creatures is a suitcase being carried by Newt Scamander, played by Eddie Redmayne. Some have escaped, and Newt is on a hunt to recapture them.
Director David Yates, who helmed several of the Potter films, didn’t reveal much else about the movie. But Eddie Redmayne did hand out wands to everyone in the famous Hall H, which holds thousands of fans.
Fantastic Beasts hits theaters on Nov. 18, 2016.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate