“I don’t want to ruin it or anything, but you’ve got to have Superman,” Justice League and Batman v Superman director Zack Snyder said before introducing Superman actor Henry Cavill during the Justice League panel at San Diego Comic-Con. Superman is indeed alive, and he will be returning for Justice League.
Superman appeared to die at the end of Batman v Superman, with Wonder Woman and Batman attending his funeral. However, many critics and fans speculated that Superman didn’t actually die and would return for a Justice League film.
Cavill joined the stage with the rest of the cast—Ben Affleck (Batman), Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman), Jason Momoa (Aquaman), Ezra Miller (The Flash) and Ray Fisher (Cyborg). The reveal was made before the premiere of the first Justice League footage.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Eliana Dockterman at firstname.lastname@example.org