Director Zack Snyder premiered the first Justice League footage at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday. The footage aired after Snyder revealed that Henry Cavill would return as Superman in the film despite seemingly dying in Batman v Superman.
In the footage, Batman (Ben Affleck) meets Aquaman for the first time, quipping, “I hear you can talk to fish.” He also tracks down the other heroes, including Ezra Miller who immediately agrees to joining the team. “I need friends,” he says, lending some comic relief to the action-packed trailer.
The footage aired during the panel with Conan O’Brien that included cast members Ben Affleck (Batman), Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman), Jason Momoa (Aquaman), Ezra Miller (The Flash) and Ray Fisher (Cyborg).
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time