Clinton’s selection on Friday was praised by many Democrats—including those who had been running mate contenders—but Kaine could be more unpopular among some progressives, in part because of his support for NAFTA and the Trans-Pacific Partnership. Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump made an appeal to Bernie Sanders supporters on Saturday, as he criticized Clinton’s selection of Kaine.
Read more: Tim Kaine’s Career in Photos
The Virginia Senator—who previously served as mayor of Richmond, governor of Virginia and chairman of the Democratic National Committee—was an early endorser of Clinton, and he has appeared with her on the campaign trail previously. The rally at Florida International University in Miami is scheduled to begin at 12 p.m. Watch a livestream here.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate