Like any good drama, Game of Thrones‘ epic “Battle of the Bastards” episode raised more questions than it answered: Why didn’t Rickon zig-zag when he was running toward Jon Snow? Why didn’t Ramsay shoot Jon with that arrow instead of Wun Wun? What was Melisandre up to the whole time?
And perhaps most importantly, why didn’t Sansa Stark tell Jon Snow that she asked Littlefinger to deliver the knights of the Vale?
Sophie Turner, who plays Stark on the HBO drama, did her best to answer that all-important question during a Comic-Con panel Friday.
“Sansa didn’t tell Jon because she wanted all the credit,” Turner said laughing. “And it was a more dramatic moment when they show up, and it makes for better television.”
When she was asked during the panel whether Sansa thought Jon could rule, Turner expressed her doubts.
She was later booed for suggesting that Littlefinger should be on the throne, calling the potential plot twist “fun and quirky.”
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List