Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos briefly became the third-richest person in the world on Friday, surpassing billionaire investor Warren Buffett for the first time.
By noon on Friday, Bezos’ net worth had reached $65 billion, which put him $300 million ahead of Buffett, Forbes reports. But when markets closed on Friday, his net worth had fallen to $64.6 billion, which returned the upper hand to Buffett by $400 million. Bezos’ successful rise to third place came as a result of Amazon’s strong performance and Buffett’s recent donations to charity, according to Forbes.
Read more: These Are the Richest People in the World
Microsoft founder Bill Gates and Zara founder Amancio Ortega remain the wealthiest people in the world, with fortunes of $78 billion and $74.1 billion, respectively.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer