You end up with “Cold Water,” the big summer release that the collective of pop icons have been teasing all week.
“Everybody gets high sometimes, ya know,” Bieber sings, kicking things off on a rather emo note. “What else can we do when we’re feeling low?” Classic Sheeran, right there. Cue the electropop beats from Major Lazer’s Diplo, add a splash of MØ’s raspy croon, and we have a summer hit on our hands, people.
“Although time may take us into different places I will still be patient with you,” Bieber tells us. “I hope you know I won’t let go.” Purpose-era Bieber is such a dependable dude.
This is the kind of jam you want to play as you road trip with the windows down; the kind of catchy slow-burn that gives you feels but will also get you going at a dance party. The YouTube version of the song has only been up a few hours, but already has almost a million views. Prepare yourself.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve