You end up with “Cold Water,” the big summer release that the collective of pop icons have been teasing all week.
“Everybody gets high sometimes, ya know,” Bieber sings, kicking things off on a rather emo note. “What else can we do when we’re feeling low?” Classic Sheeran, right there. Cue the electropop beats from Major Lazer’s Diplo, add a splash of MØ’s raspy croon, and we have a summer hit on our hands, people.
“Although time may take us into different places I will still be patient with you,” Bieber tells us. “I hope you know I won’t let go.” Purpose-era Bieber is such a dependable dude.
This is the kind of jam you want to play as you road trip with the windows down; the kind of catchy slow-burn that gives you feels but will also get you going at a dance party. The YouTube version of the song has only been up a few hours, but already has almost a million views. Prepare yourself.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time