You end up with “Cold Water,” the big summer release that the collective of pop icons have been teasing all week.
“Everybody gets high sometimes, ya know,” Bieber sings, kicking things off on a rather emo note. “What else can we do when we’re feeling low?” Classic Sheeran, right there. Cue the electropop beats from Major Lazer’s Diplo, add a splash of MØ’s raspy croon, and we have a summer hit on our hands, people.
“Although time may take us into different places I will still be patient with you,” Bieber tells us. “I hope you know I won’t let go.” Purpose-era Bieber is such a dependable dude.
This is the kind of jam you want to play as you road trip with the windows down; the kind of catchy slow-burn that gives you feels but will also get you going at a dance party. The YouTube version of the song has only been up a few hours, but already has almost a million views. Prepare yourself.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up