Never Trump lives on on the GOP convention floor—well, sort of.
Justin Dillon, an alternate delegate from the District of Columbia is handing out 200 buttons opposing Donald Trump on the convention floor, just hours before Trump is set to formally accept the nomination.
“Sometime party loyalty asks too much,” the button says, including the hashtag #NeverTrump and a pair of thumbs down emoji.
The DC delegation is seated the furthest from the podium, in recognition of the high propensity of Anti-Trump delegates in its delegation. Many members of the delegation were seen sporting the buttons and Dillon said he passed some to delegates in Ohio and Virginia.
Asked how he’d vote in November, Dillon, a supporter of Ohio Gov John Kasich, said he’d, “Probably vote for Gary Johnson.”
Dillon has been the subject of jeers from some pro-Trump delegates with one Texas delegate accosting him and calling him “retarded” in full view of reporters.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com