Never Trump lives on on the GOP convention floor—well, sort of.
Justin Dillon, an alternate delegate from the District of Columbia is handing out 200 buttons opposing Donald Trump on the convention floor, just hours before Trump is set to formally accept the nomination.
“Sometime party loyalty asks too much,” the button says, including the hashtag #NeverTrump and a pair of thumbs down emoji.
The DC delegation is seated the furthest from the podium, in recognition of the high propensity of Anti-Trump delegates in its delegation. Many members of the delegation were seen sporting the buttons and Dillon said he passed some to delegates in Ohio and Virginia.
Asked how he’d vote in November, Dillon, a supporter of Ohio Gov John Kasich, said he’d, “Probably vote for Gary Johnson.”
Dillon has been the subject of jeers from some pro-Trump delegates with one Texas delegate accosting him and calling him “retarded” in full view of reporters.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement