Never Trump lives on on the GOP convention floor—well, sort of.
Justin Dillon, an alternate delegate from the District of Columbia is handing out 200 buttons opposing Donald Trump on the convention floor, just hours before Trump is set to formally accept the nomination.
“Sometime party loyalty asks too much,” the button says, including the hashtag #NeverTrump and a pair of thumbs down emoji.
The DC delegation is seated the furthest from the podium, in recognition of the high propensity of Anti-Trump delegates in its delegation. Many members of the delegation were seen sporting the buttons and Dillon said he passed some to delegates in Ohio and Virginia.
Asked how he’d vote in November, Dillon, a supporter of Ohio Gov John Kasich, said he’d, “Probably vote for Gary Johnson.”
Dillon has been the subject of jeers from some pro-Trump delegates with one Texas delegate accosting him and calling him “retarded” in full view of reporters.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.