Comedian and Ghostbusters star Leslie Jones returned to Twitter on Thursday after leaving momentarily leaving the social network following an episode of racially-charged harassment.
“Welp… a bitch thought she could stay away,” the Ghost Busters star tweeted. “But who else is gonna live tweet Game of Thrones!!”
Jones was the target of an online attacks earlier in the week that prompted the actress to quit the site.
“I leave Twitter tonight with tears and a very sad heart,” Jones wrote on Tuesday. “All this cause I did a movie. You can hate the movie but the s— I got today… wrong.”
Fans were outraged at the abuse, offering their support with the hashtag #LoveForLeslieJ, which Jones used in one of her tweets upon returning.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This