Comedian and Ghostbusters star Leslie Jones returned to Twitter on Thursday after leaving momentarily leaving the social network following an episode of racially-charged harassment.
“Welp… a bitch thought she could stay away,” the Ghost Busters star tweeted. “But who else is gonna live tweet Game of Thrones!!”
Jones was the target of an online attacks earlier in the week that prompted the actress to quit the site.
“I leave Twitter tonight with tears and a very sad heart,” Jones wrote on Tuesday. “All this cause I did a movie. You can hate the movie but the s— I got today… wrong.”
Fans were outraged at the abuse, offering their support with the hashtag #LoveForLeslieJ, which Jones used in one of her tweets upon returning.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.