Comedian and Ghostbusters star Leslie Jones returned to Twitter on Thursday after leaving momentarily leaving the social network following an episode of racially-charged harassment.
“Welp… a bitch thought she could stay away,” the Ghost Busters star tweeted. “But who else is gonna live tweet Game of Thrones!!”
Jones was the target of an online attacks earlier in the week that prompted the actress to quit the site.
“I leave Twitter tonight with tears and a very sad heart,” Jones wrote on Tuesday. “All this cause I did a movie. You can hate the movie but the s— I got today… wrong.”
Fans were outraged at the abuse, offering their support with the hashtag #LoveForLeslieJ, which Jones used in one of her tweets upon returning.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction