Comedian and Ghostbusters star Leslie Jones returned to Twitter on Thursday after leaving momentarily leaving the social network following an episode of racially-charged harassment.
“Welp… a bitch thought she could stay away,” the Ghost Busters star tweeted. “But who else is gonna live tweet Game of Thrones!!”
Jones was the target of an online attacks earlier in the week that prompted the actress to quit the site.
“I leave Twitter tonight with tears and a very sad heart,” Jones wrote on Tuesday. “All this cause I did a movie. You can hate the movie but the s— I got today… wrong.”
Fans were outraged at the abuse, offering their support with the hashtag #LoveForLeslieJ, which Jones used in one of her tweets upon returning.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow