Silicon Valley billionaire Peter Thiel spoke about American prosperity at the Republican national convention Thursday.
The PayPal founder and Facebook investor was the first openly gay Republican in 16 years to speak at a GOP convention, a fact he noted briefly.
“Of course, every American has a unique identity,” he said. “I am proud to be gay. I am proud to be a Republican. But most of all I am proud to be an American.”
Read Thiel’s remarks as prepared for delivery:
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart