Instagram is full of appetizing food photographs – from the latest pizza craze in Brooklyn to the best crawfish etoufée in New Orleans, the juiciest Juicy Lucy Minnesota and the hottest chicken wings in Georgia.
On the social platform, the competition for the best food photographs can be tough, so how can you elevate your food and make yours photographs stand out?
We asked Instagram influencer Patrick Janelle – a former art contributor at Bon Appétit magazine and the mind behind the runaway success A Guy Named Patrick – to share the tricks that helped him grow his audience to more than 450,000 followers.
In this new TIME LightBox video, Patrick helps comedian Adam Wade master the art of the perfect food photograph. Bon Appetit!
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now