Instagram is full of appetizing food photographs – from the latest pizza craze in Brooklyn to the best crawfish etoufée in New Orleans, the juiciest Juicy Lucy Minnesota and the hottest chicken wings in Georgia.
On the social platform, the competition for the best food photographs can be tough, so how can you elevate your food and make yours photographs stand out?
We asked Instagram influencer Patrick Janelle – a former art contributor at Bon Appétit magazine and the mind behind the runaway success A Guy Named Patrick – to share the tricks that helped him grow his audience to more than 450,000 followers.
In this new TIME LightBox video, Patrick helps comedian Adam Wade master the art of the perfect food photograph. Bon Appetit!
Follow TIME LightBox on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement