Instagram is full of appetizing food photographs – from the latest pizza craze in Brooklyn to the best crawfish etoufée in New Orleans, the juiciest Juicy Lucy Minnesota and the hottest chicken wings in Georgia.
On the social platform, the competition for the best food photographs can be tough, so how can you elevate your food and make yours photographs stand out?
We asked Instagram influencer Patrick Janelle – a former art contributor at Bon Appétit magazine and the mind behind the runaway success A Guy Named Patrick – to share the tricks that helped him grow his audience to more than 450,000 followers.
In this new TIME LightBox video, Patrick helps comedian Adam Wade master the art of the perfect food photograph. Bon Appetit!
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color