Fox News’ Megyn Kelly has gotten praise for covering the presidential nomination race, but the latest attention is far more negative and sexist: people are upset about her choice of clothing at the Republican National Convention Wednesday night.
The disapproving tweets started rolling when Kelly wore a top with straps and revealed that she, like many, has skin on her upper body. Commenters quickly grew nasty as they insulted her clothing choice and proved that a mere blouse was enough to distract them from the politics Kelly actually reported on.
Kelly has been lauded for her style choices before. But whether positive or negative, attention to what female anchors or reporters wear is often based in prejudice as it emphasizes what they look like rather than what they say — an aspect to the job that their male counterparts have to deal with far less.
Here is what some people are saying about Kelly’s clothes:
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer