Kate McKinnon charmed with her Ruth Bader Ginsburg impression on Saturday Night Live’s Weekend Update Wednesday night.
“Trump picked a fight with the wrong 15-pound, 200-year-old-marionette baby!” said Kate McKinnon bringing back her Ruth Bader Ginsburg impression during the Republican National Convention special.
McKinnon’s fearless Ginsburg dishes out the Gins-burns, going hard on Donald Trump, Mike Pence, Chris Christie and even Merrick Garland with mostly innocent jabs interrupted by dance breaks. Her moves are successful in that they make Jost feel awkward, like most things that happen on Weekend Update.
McKinnon’s Ginsburg impression makes the justice into a tough, self-righteous cutie pie, and she even reveals her cross fit regimen, “that’s when I cross my arms and legs and try to fit inside a soup can.” Most of it got big laughs, even with the small studio audience, and SNL should do this every summer when there’s a convention.
Come Fall, McKinnon will likely continue to impersonate Hillary, but as one of SNL’s quickest rising stars with her new movie star status with Ghostbusters, she may not be on the show much longer. The Notorious RBG said it best, “I don’t know how much time I have left Colin. I got to get my pokes in while I have my chance.”
Weekend Update will return for the Democratic National Convention.
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases