When Texas Senator Ted Cruz declined to endorse Republican nominee Donald Trump on the GOP convention stage, the reaction from delegates was immediate.
In the wake of his speech, people’s voices on social media have been more split: some laud his act as one of bravery, while others are happy to join in the boos. Here’s a sample of what people are saying about the non-endorsement;
Democrats weighed in as well:
And of course, so did Trump.
Cruz, it seems, is feeling pretty chipper during his morning-after:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism