Texas Senator Ted Cruz’s speech at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland Wednesday night was missing one notable talking point: an endorsement for the party’s presidential nominee, Donald Trump.
In the speech that ran for more than 20 minutes, Cruz was able to take jabs at Hillary Clinton and position himself as a champion of conservative values. But as he delayed even saying Trump’s name, he was able to tell listeners, “vote your conscience.” The audience did not take warmly to his advice.
Read a full transcript of his convention speech below.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time