Texas Senator Ted Cruz’s speech at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland Wednesday night was missing one notable talking point: an endorsement for the party’s presidential nominee, Donald Trump.
In the speech that ran for more than 20 minutes, Cruz was able to take jabs at Hillary Clinton and position himself as a champion of conservative values. But as he delayed even saying Trump’s name, he was able to tell listeners, “vote your conscience.” The audience did not take warmly to his advice.
Read a full transcript of his convention speech below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases