Texas Sen. Ted Cruz gave a lengthy speech to the Republican national convention Wednesday night, hitting Hillary Clinton and talking about conservative principles while failing to endorse nominee Donald Trump.
“I want to congratulate Donald Trump on winning the nomination last night,” Cruz said in his only reference to his former rival in the Republican primary.
As Cruz neared the end of his speech, he was booed by the crowd, with some shouting “Say his name!” and “Go home!”
Read a transcript of Cruz’s remarks as delivered.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow