Republican nominee Donald Trump thanked the wrong Scott Walker on Twitter Wednesday.
After Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker’s speech at the Republican National Convention, Trump gave him a shoutout on Twitter. One problem: He used the wrong handle.
The man he tweeted at is a news anchor for WDSU-TV in New Orleans.
“I’ve gotten it a lot over the past several years,” Walker told TIME, but this is “by far” the biggest confusion. He said when the Governor was running for president, he got a lot of hate tweets intended for the candidate.
“The notifications just keep coming,” Walker said, adding he had a minor jump in number of Twitter followers. Walker said he was getting ready for a newscast, but the Trump tweet disrupted the night.
Walker said he has interviewed the governor before in Wisconsin.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time