The Republicans were not the only ones to hold a convention in Cleveland this week.
On July 16, a rally against racial injustice was held in conjunction with The National Convention of the Oppressed—Black Unity Convention in the Ohio city.
About 100 protesters gathered before the Republican National Convention began to call Donald Trump a “racist” and “embarrassment to America.” Activists criticized violence against blacks and said the major political parties need to pay attention to their demands.
TIME photographer Ben Lowy went inside the National March and Rally Against Racism Injustice and White Supremacy to film our latest 3D 360-Degree video.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.