TIME takes a look at vivid scenes from the GOP’s mega-gathering that comes to a close Thursday, July 21, 2016.
Every four years, the GOP holds the Republican National Convention to officially nominate their pick for president and rally around the party’s newly anointed leader.
Although the convention has differed slightly from years past, such as the Never Trump movement’s last ditch effort to stop the businessman from being nominated and Melania Trump’s plagiarism of Michelle Obama’s 2008 Democratic convention speech, the 2016 convention is following familiar patterns.
Republican’s united around their candidate when they officially nominated Trump Tuesday night, capping a stunning primary season.
Major GOP leaders have bashed Hillary Clinton and promoted a narrative that the country needs change and that Donald Trump is the best person to bring it about, all the while protesters gather outside the convention hall as they have in years past.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time