During an interview on The Howard Stern Show Wednesday, the singer discussed a cornucopia of things, weirdest of all that the singer was nearly cast as Jane Smith, one-half of the sexy married spy team movie that famously made Brangelina a thing in real life.
“I feel like I almost got it,” the singer told Stern. I went to a bunch [of auditions].”
The fact that Jolie was cast instead ultimately changed the course of celebrity history forever, and in the end, Stefani was more into her tunes anyway.
“[It was] very competitive and I wanted to do it, but I wanted to do music more,” said Stefani, whose most recent solo album came out in March.
At least that’s not a totally weird factoid. But evidently, several high-profile actresses were considered, and back in April 2008, Stefani told Vogue that it all really came down to her and Jolie.
“It was between me and Angelina Jolie, and I’m like, ‘Oh, great. I got a shot here,” she told Vogue. “The whole acting thing really feels like something I could do. Whenever I’ve done it, whenever I had moments where it works, it’s just like performing. You hit a moment. And that’s what movies are: a series of moments.”
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up