A woman in New Jersey was rescued by firefighters after getting stuck in a tree while playing Pokémon Go in a cemetery.
The woman, described by police as a “young adult,” climbed a tree inside Eglington Cemetery in Clarksboro, N.J. in an attempt to catch Pokémon, WCAU reported. Firefighters from the East Greenwich Township Fire and Rescue got her out of the tree with a ladder after she called 911. When rescuers spoke to her, she reluctantly admitted she had been playing Pokémon Go.
“She was a bit embarrassed at that point,” township fire chief Rob Gould III told WCAU.
The fire and rescue team posted photos from the rescue to its Facebook page, and warned players of the video game phenomenon to “take heed of the warnings and be careful not to put yourself into bad situations.”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time