Shannen Doherty took to Instagram Tuesday night to share the step-by-step process of cutting off her hair and shaving her head as she battles breast cancer. Thankfully, she wasn’t alone: Pal Anne Marie Kortright and her mother, Rosa Doherty, were by her side throughout the emotional journey, which was documented and shared over the course of seven photos.
The 45-year-old Beverly Hills, 90210 alum first announced her diagnosis in August 2015. “Yes, I have breast cancer, and I am currently undergoing treatment,” she told PEOPLE at the time. “I am continuing to eat right, exercise and stay very positive about my life,” she continued. “I am thankful to my family, friends and doctors for their support and, of course, my fans who have stood by me.”
The actress looked strong and happy when she reunited with her Charmed costar Holly Marie Combs at the Sydney Opera House in Australia last month.
See Doherty’s documentation of the process of shaving her head below.
This article originally appeared on EW.com
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk