Idris Elba stopped by The Tonight Show to help promote Star Trek Beyond and Jimmy Fallon convinced him to show off the dance moves he honed in Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’s “Dance Off” video. While Elba didn’t take the dance recital too seriously at first, that changed when he realized that the audience was both excited and receptive. While the dance moves were the highlight, it’s worth sticking around to hear Elba’s excruciatingly embarrassing story about meeting legendary producer and Chic guitarist Nile Rodgers.
Fallon isn’t one to let his guests off with just an interview (and a dance party) though, so he challenged the Dark Tower actor, rapper, and DJ to a game of Box of Microphones, which have built-in effects that transform their voices into wondrously odd entities.
Elba set the bar high with his performance of Desiigner’s “Panda.” Fallon followed it up with a lugubrious take on Drake’s “One Dance.” It ended with an incredible if cacophonous duet of Lionel Richie’s and Diana Ross’s “Endless Love”, which will somehow make you love them both even more.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time