Late Late Show host James Corden is never one to shy away from hanging with major celebrities. So it shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise when Corden gets a call from none other than Kanye West… except it’s actually just Kim Kardashian West’s Snapchatted footage of West on the phone. (Confused? See here.)
In his latest clip, Corden splices together West’s recorded conversation with Taylor Swift and his own questions and commentary. In the new context, West’s words take on a whole other set of meanings.
“I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex,” West recites.
“Wow, really? Taylor Swift?” Corden responds, stunned. “Isn’t she mad at you from when you interrupted her on stage at the VMAs? I don’t know if she’d be open to that. I don’t even know if she’s with someone right now. Like, you can check on the Internet, but she’s super private about that kind of stuff, she really doesn’t let people know what’s going on in her personal life, so if I was you I’d just let it go,” Corden adds — very tongue-in-cheek.
Then Corden seeks out West’s advice.
“Listen, I’m thinking about doing a joke about Mike Pence, Donald Trump’s VP? I don’t know… I don’t want to hurt his feelings, you know?
“Relationships are more important than punchlines, you know?” says West. Preach, Kanye, preach.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up