Donald Trump Jr.’s speech at the Republican convention Tuesday night won’t be the first time he’s stumped for his father.
One of his father’s closest advisors, Don Trump will speak after making a morning appearance before the Pennsylvania delegation in Cleveland, one of many times he’s served as a surrogate throughout the campaign.
“I spent five years in boarding school in Pottstown, Pennsylvania and some of those old, industrial towns that we’re going to bring back, that we’re going to revive,” he told them.
The younger Trump can speak about his father both personally and professionally, since they also work together and Tuesday’s theme is “Make America Work Again.” Don Trump oversees commercial leases for the Trump organization and is currently managing construction of a new luxury and condo hotel in Vancouver.
The presumptive Republican nominee, who got his start in real estate working for his father, likes to note that his children will carry on his business after he retires.
On Monday, Don Trump sat next to former Senate Majority Leader and 1996 Republican presidential nominee Bob Dole at the convention.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time