Twilight novelist Stephenie Meyer is publishing a secret-agent thriller about a woman taking on one last assignment from the clandestine agency that wanted her dead.
The Chemist is Meyer’s first thriller and second novel for adults after her massive success with the young adult Twilight series. In a statement, Meyer described the book as “the love child created from the union of my romantic sensibilities and my obsession with Jason Bourne/Aaron Cross.”
The protagonist of The Chemist is a former secret agent who’s been on the run since officials decided she was a liability. Now, she’s offered the chance to escape their pursuit for good, but she has to carry out one more mission first. Along the way, she “finds herself falling for a man who can only complicate her likelihood of survival,” according to a plot summary from the publisher, Little, Brown and Company.
The Chemist is set for publication on Nov. 15.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time