A mother in Pennsylvania was accused of putting her two young children into the trunk of a car and then riding around the town of Hanover.
The mother, Jessica Reger, 29, faces two misdemeanor charges of endangering the welfare of children and recklessly endangering another person after putting her children, ages 3 and 5, into the trunk of a red Corvette on July 10, police said. She was riding in the passenger seat when Hanover Borough Police pulled over the two-seat car after receiving a 911 tip from a person who saw someone stuffing the children into the car’s trunk, the Associated Press reported.
The driver, Ilena Blackburn, 28, was also charged with recklessly endangering another person, the AP reported.
The AP was not immediately able to reach attorneys for the women for comment.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer