Three people, including the suspected gunmen, have been killed in a shooting near a swimming-pool in the north-eastern British town of Spalding.
Tuesday’s shooting happened close to Castle Swimming Pool, two women and a man are believed to have been killed in the shooting. “Despite the best efforts of everyone at the scene the patients were pronounced dead”, an ambulance spokesperson told the BBC.
Lincolnshire police told the BBC that there is “no indication” that it is a terror-related incident and no shots were fired at officers.
Gun violence is rare in the U.K., in 2011 there were 0.06 gun homicides per 100,000 people in Britain and Northern Ireland. The last high-profile shooting happened in June, when British MP Jo Cox was shot and stabbed to death.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022