Melania Trump made her political debut on the biggest possible stage Monday, giving a speech on the opening night of the Republican National Convention.
In the night’s keynote address, Donald Trump’s wife spoke about her husband’s personal side and argued that he would be a strong president.
“If you want someone to fight for you and your country, I can assure you he’s the guy,” she said. “He will never ever give up. And most importantly, he will never ever let you down.”
Read her full remarks as delivered:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement