Melania Trump made her political debut on the biggest possible stage Monday, giving a speech on the opening night of the Republican National Convention.
In the night’s keynote address, Donald Trump’s wife spoke about her husband’s personal side and argued that he would be a strong president.
“If you want someone to fight for you and your country, I can assure you he’s the guy,” she said. “He will never ever give up. And most importantly, he will never ever let you down.”
Read her full remarks as delivered:
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out