Photographer Landon Nordeman visited the Republican National Convention in Cleveland to capture some of the fashion up close at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland this week, where the look is both timeless and contemporary.
Delegates and dignitaries who head out every four years to the national meetups stick with the tried-and-true: bold reds, whites and blues; colorful hats, buttons and stickers; standard slacks and sport coats.
But within that rigid framework, there is endless variation, with each convention bringing its own themes and each delegate having their own special flair.
It is another part of the pageantry of democracy in action, the individuals expressing themselves even as they join together in a larger whole. From a distance, the hats and buttons and sunglasses blend together, forming a colorful composite.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization