The movie and TV star (see: Central Intelligence, HBO’s Ballers) finally made his move onto YouTube official, releasing the first video on his brand-new channel on Monday. He teased the channel this spring, but it’s only now that we’re getting a peek at the kind of content we can expect from the larger-than-life celebrity.
In the video, entitled “The YouTube Factory,” The Rock takes a trip to a secret YouTube content production lair beneath an island volcano. Guided by YouTube star Lilly Singh, the two check in on a number of production rooms within the facility: a cat room, a Rock impersonator room, a beauty video tutorial salon. Other big names in YouTube success make cameos, like Gigi Gorgeous, Grace Helbig and Alex Wassabi.
“Who knew that there was so much fresh, innovative, non-pornographic material online? It’s crazy,” The Rock explains by way of intro to his latest project.
“Dude, you just created what could potentially be the biggest channel on YouTube,” Singh tells him.
If you’re hungry for more Rock videos, there’s also a brainstorming session with Lilly Singh to dig into. But it looks like he’s just getting started with his foray into short-form Internet video, so there should soon be much more to watch.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Raisa Bruner at email@example.com