Sunday was World Emoji Day, and Twitter showed the what the top-tweeted emoji in each country was.
Based on emojis, people in the U.S., U.K. and Canada are feeling tired and weary. Spain is feeling strong. People in Italy, Japan, France and Saudi Arabia tweeted out heart emojis, while Twitter users in Colombia, Brazil and Argentina seemed to be feeling musical. Users in Germany and Australia tweeted thumbs up, while the most popular emoji in Mexico and India was folded hands. The top emoji in Turkey was a happy face, despite the recent attempted coup.
For World Emoji Day, Google also added over 300 new emoji to better represent women.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org