Sunday was World Emoji Day, and Twitter showed the what the top-tweeted emoji in each country was.
Based on emojis, people in the U.S., U.K. and Canada are feeling tired and weary. Spain is feeling strong. People in Italy, Japan, France and Saudi Arabia tweeted out heart emojis, while Twitter users in Colombia, Brazil and Argentina seemed to be feeling musical. Users in Germany and Australia tweeted thumbs up, while the most popular emoji in Mexico and India was folded hands. The top emoji in Turkey was a happy face, despite the recent attempted coup.
For World Emoji Day, Google also added over 300 new emoji to better represent women.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization