Sunday was World Emoji Day, and Twitter showed the what the top-tweeted emoji in each country was.
Based on emojis, people in the U.S., U.K. and Canada are feeling tired and weary. Spain is feeling strong. People in Italy, Japan, France and Saudi Arabia tweeted out heart emojis, while Twitter users in Colombia, Brazil and Argentina seemed to be feeling musical. Users in Germany and Australia tweeted thumbs up, while the most popular emoji in Mexico and India was folded hands. The top emoji in Turkey was a happy face, despite the recent attempted coup.
For World Emoji Day, Google also added over 300 new emoji to better represent women.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears