Willie Robertson, a reality TV star from A&E’s “Duck Dynasty,” is one of the primetime speakers at the Republican National Convention on Monday, part of presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump’s unusual lineup of convention speakers.
“Duck Dynasty” is a reality TV show showcasing a Louisiana family that owns a duck-hunting business. The family is known for its conservative and religious viewpoints.
Robertson, an outdoorsman, serves as CEO of Duck Commander and Buck Commander, and is the New York Times bestselling author of “The Duck Commander Family: How Faith, Family and Ducks Built a Dynasty.”
On Monday, Robert tweeted about his first time at the Republican convention in 2008.
Robertson is known for socially conservative views, questioning whether being gay or lesbian is a choice. His father, Phil, suffered a backlash after a 2013 article in GQ quoted him saying he thinks homosexuality is sinful.
Phil Robertson endorsed Trump rival Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, appearing in a memorable ad during the GOP primary that featured the two of them hunting ducks.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time