Last Week Tonight is still on a mini-hiatus, but John Oliver couldn’t miss the opportunity to make a few endorsements in the upcoming presidential election, otherwise known as “Uncle Sam’s Rock Bottom Yankee Doodle Suicide Pact” (at least according to Oliver).
Gloria Steinem, Oprah and Stevie Wonder have all endorsed presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, while the Republican party’s Donald Trump has been endorsed by Kid Rock, Stephen Baldwin and “the sound of a motorcycle peeling out of a White Castle parking lot.”
Of course as a Brit, Oliver can’t really make political endorsements in the U.S. but that didn’t stop him from endorsing a bunch of other things, like animals wearing people clothes, inter-species friendships, gingham shirts with mismatched ties and many other important things.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.