Last Week Tonight is still on a mini-hiatus, but John Oliver couldn’t miss the opportunity to make a few endorsements in the upcoming presidential election, otherwise known as “Uncle Sam’s Rock Bottom Yankee Doodle Suicide Pact” (at least according to Oliver).
Gloria Steinem, Oprah and Stevie Wonder have all endorsed presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, while the Republican party’s Donald Trump has been endorsed by Kid Rock, Stephen Baldwin and “the sound of a motorcycle peeling out of a White Castle parking lot.”
Of course as a Brit, Oliver can’t really make political endorsements in the U.S. but that didn’t stop him from endorsing a bunch of other things, like animals wearing people clothes, inter-species friendships, gingham shirts with mismatched ties and many other important things.
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases