M.I.A. just released the video for her new track, “Go Off”. It’s an explosive song filled with big beats produced by Skrillex and Blaqstarr and now it has an appropriately explosive video to go along with it.
A few weeks ago, M.I.A. a.k.a. Mathangi “Maya” Arulpragasam, premiered the new song on BBC Radio 1, telling host Annie Mac that the video would be less of a production than some of her past efforts. She stuck to her word and her new video, which she also directed, has absolutely zero people in it. The absence of a cast doesn’t diminish from the action though, which is packed into the explosion-filled video where even the video cameras are blown away.
The song will be included on the British-Sri Lankan artist’s upcoming album, A.I.M., her first full-length since 2013’s Matangi. Enjoy it while it lasts, because M.I.A. also told the BBC that this would most likely be her last album.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org