M.I.A. just released the video for her new track, “Go Off”. It’s an explosive song filled with big beats produced by Skrillex and Blaqstarr and now it has an appropriately explosive video to go along with it.
A few weeks ago, M.I.A. a.k.a. Mathangi “Maya” Arulpragasam, premiered the new song on BBC Radio 1, telling host Annie Mac that the video would be less of a production than some of her past efforts. She stuck to her word and her new video, which she also directed, has absolutely zero people in it. The absence of a cast doesn’t diminish from the action though, which is packed into the explosion-filled video where even the video cameras are blown away.
The song will be included on the British-Sri Lankan artist’s upcoming album, A.I.M., her first full-length since 2013’s Matangi. Enjoy it while it lasts, because M.I.A. also told the BBC that this would most likely be her last album.
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk