Turns out, Zayn Malik must be a major Star Wars fan, since he just got a tattoo inspired by the extragalactic universe. Malik, former One Direction crooner, usually comes across as the ultimate downtown cool kid. But his latest move has revealed an endearingly nerdy side of the hip-hop star.
Zayn headed to popular celebrity tattoo artist JonBoy of New York City’s West 4 Tattoo, who’s worked with stars like Kendall Jenner and Justin Bieber, to get this latest addition to his extensive collection of ink. The winning design is a slim lightsaber, inscribed on the inside of his middle finger. But the coolest part about this new tattoo (which, for Zayn, is exceedingly subtle) is that it actually uses UV ink, according to JonBoy, meaning that it should light up under dark light, like a true lightsaber.
JonBoy posted a pic of the design (in both regular and UV light) on his Instagram, captioning the snap with “May the force be with you.” In Zayn’s case, the force is now permanently with him… at least, when he’s under a dark light.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space