If there’s one thing that Joe Biden loves (besides pizza), it’s ice cream. Since campaigning with Barack Obama in 2008, there have been numerous memorable sightings around the country of the Vice President at different ice cream shops, proudly holding up a cone like the Statue of Liberty, or playing it cool while wearing Ray-Ban aviators, cone in one hand and cash in the other.
In May, Biden visited the headquarters of Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream in Columbus, Ohio to discuss the U.S. economy and federal overtime. “My name is Joe Biden and I love ice cream,” the Vice President said after taking the podium. “You all think I’m kidding, I’m not. I eat more ice cream than three other people you’d like to be with, all at once.”
In 2010, the Penny Ice Creamery in Santa Cruz, Calif. created a video reflecting on how their dream of opening an ice cream shop was made a reality due to the Recovery Act. Biden called the shop’s owners to thank and congratulate them on their business, making a deal to visit the shop. In a video of the phone call, uploaded by the White House’s YouTube account, Biden boldly claims, “I am a genuine lover of ice cream. I don’t drink. I don’t smoke. But I eat a lot of ice cream.” There’s even a Tumblr page dedicated to his obsession.
Above, we’ve collected some of the best photos showing Biden’s love affair with the dessert
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate