When Sherlock returns for a fourth season, he may have a new canine friend.
In a new first-look image from the fourth season of the series, we see Sherlock in London explaining his deep thoughts to a hound who looks sufficiently impressed. Sherlock has previously gotten his head straight by spending time in his “mind palace” at home with Dr. Watson (Martin Freeman), but Watson may now have some best friend competition: as we can see in the photo, Freeman isn’t anywhere to be found.
The new three-part series is due to premiere in 2017, but the show is still making news long before the premiere. On Thursday, the Sherlock Christmas special “The Abominable Bride,” scored six Emmy nods, including one for Cumberbatch as best lead actor in a limited series.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com