When Sherlock returns for a fourth season, he may have a new canine friend.
In a new first-look image from the fourth season of the series, we see Sherlock in London explaining his deep thoughts to a hound who looks sufficiently impressed. Sherlock has previously gotten his head straight by spending time in his “mind palace” at home with Dr. Watson (Martin Freeman), but Watson may now have some best friend competition: as we can see in the photo, Freeman isn’t anywhere to be found.
The new three-part series is due to premiere in 2017, but the show is still making news long before the premiere. On Thursday, the Sherlock Christmas special “The Abominable Bride,” scored six Emmy nods, including one for Cumberbatch as best lead actor in a limited series.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief