When Sherlock returns for a fourth season, he may have a new canine friend.
In a new first-look image from the fourth season of the series, we see Sherlock in London explaining his deep thoughts to a hound who looks sufficiently impressed. Sherlock has previously gotten his head straight by spending time in his “mind palace” at home with Dr. Watson (Martin Freeman), but Watson may now have some best friend competition: as we can see in the photo, Freeman isn’t anywhere to be found.
The new three-part series is due to premiere in 2017, but the show is still making news long before the premiere. On Thursday, the Sherlock Christmas special “The Abominable Bride,” scored six Emmy nods, including one for Cumberbatch as best lead actor in a limited series.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now