Mark Hamill hosted a Q&A for the annual Lucasfilm festival at London’s ExCel Centre Friday and revealed that — although he can’t give away any specifics — he thinks the dialogue of the upcoming Episode VIII is going to blow fans away, reports Entertainment Weekly.
“I was looping Episode VIII yesterday, and there’s dialogue in there, and I thought, ‘Oh boy, I can already see this on a T-shirt,” he said. “[Writer-director] Rian Johnson is amazing. He’ll make you forget all about ‘May the Force be with you.’ He’s come up with so many new catchphrases.”
The 64-year-old actor also spoke about his role in The Force Awakens, explaining that he didn’t know how minor his part was until he read the script. “You should have seen me. What are the very first words in the crawl? ‘Luke Skywalker has vanished,'” Hamill said. “I said, ‘Hoo, this is gonna be good!’ I’ll tell you where I thought I came in — in the forest, when the lightsaber [wiggles] like this, and flies off. I thought, ‘Oh, what a great entrance! GAH! Rey caught it…? She hasn’t even been to Dagobah for training! What’s the deal?'”
Episode VIII is set to hit theaters Dec. 15, 2017.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.