A clip and poster for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was released Friday, revealing a behind the scenes look at director Gareth Edwards’s newest venture.
“The pressure is so high,” Edwards said in the footage of the Star Wars spinoff. “We’re making a film that’s right touching my favorite film of all time. But then if you’re too respectful of it, then you didn’t do anything new or different.”
The clip was released at the Star Wars Celebration Europe, which continues through July 17 in London.
Rogue One, set in a time before The Force Awakens, stars Felicity Jones as Rebel fighter Jyn Erso who is on a mission to steal the Empire’s plans for the Death Star ahead of the 1977 Star Wars film.
A new poster for the film was also revealed at the panel, showing a Death Star crescent looming over the new world, known as Scarif, where a major battle takes place, Entertainment Weekly reported.
The film will be released Dec. 16.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now