A clip and poster for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was released Friday, revealing a behind the scenes look at director Gareth Edwards’s newest venture.
“The pressure is so high,” Edwards said in the footage of the Star Wars spinoff. “We’re making a film that’s right touching my favorite film of all time. But then if you’re too respectful of it, then you didn’t do anything new or different.”
The clip was released at the Star Wars Celebration Europe, which continues through July 17 in London.
Rogue One, set in a time before The Force Awakens, stars Felicity Jones as Rebel fighter Jyn Erso who is on a mission to steal the Empire’s plans for the Death Star ahead of the 1977 Star Wars film.
A new poster for the film was also revealed at the panel, showing a Death Star crescent looming over the new world, known as Scarif, where a major battle takes place, Entertainment Weekly reported.
The film will be released Dec. 16.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror