A clip and poster for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was released Friday, revealing a behind the scenes look at director Gareth Edwards’s newest venture.
“The pressure is so high,” Edwards said in the footage of the Star Wars spinoff. “We’re making a film that’s right touching my favorite film of all time. But then if you’re too respectful of it, then you didn’t do anything new or different.”
The clip was released at the Star Wars Celebration Europe, which continues through July 17 in London.
Rogue One, set in a time before The Force Awakens, stars Felicity Jones as Rebel fighter Jyn Erso who is on a mission to steal the Empire’s plans for the Death Star ahead of the 1977 Star Wars film.
A new poster for the film was also revealed at the panel, showing a Death Star crescent looming over the new world, known as Scarif, where a major battle takes place, Entertainment Weekly reported.
The film will be released Dec. 16.
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction