Tim Tebow took to social media Thursday to dispel “rumors” that he would be speaking at the upcoming Republican National Convention in Cleveland.
Earlier on Thursday, the New York Times reported that among an eclectic mix of personalities and professionals scheduled to speak at the convention — including tech billionaire Peter Thiel and Donald Trump’s supermodel wife Melania — would be Heisman-winning quarterback Tebow.
“My goal has always been to be able to make a difference in the biggest way possible,” he said, adding that perhaps one day that could be in the political realm. But for now he said he would focus on his foundation, “fighting for kids who can’t fight for themselves.”
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?