Donald Trump appears likely to pick Indiana Gov. Mike Pence as his running mate.
The first-term Republican, who will likely drop his re-election bid to join the ticket, previously spent over a decade in the U.S. House of Representatives, where he led the influential conservative Republican Study Committee and served in leadership.
He began his career in conservative talk radio and TV, once describing himself as “Rush Limbaugh on decaf.”
Trump’s choice will be announced Friday morning in New York City.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color