Prince Harry took a HIV blood test live on the British royal family’s Facebook Thursday to demonstrate how easy it is to get checked. The 31-year-old royal was tested at the Burrell Street Sexual Health Centre in London and got his results back within a minute — the test was negative.
“It is amazing how quick it is,” he said.
However, the Prince admitted he was nervous before undergoing the finger-prick procedure. “Even being the person that I am and [knowing the type of] people I end up being around, I’m still nervous,” he said. “Which is interesting.”
Harry went on to explain that he got checked in order to destigmatize HIV testing. “So whether you’re a man, woman, gay, straight, black or white — even ginger — why wouldn’t you come and have a…[test?]”
Watch the full video below.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space