Prince Harry took a HIV blood test live on the British royal family’s Facebook Thursday to demonstrate how easy it is to get checked. The 31-year-old royal was tested at the Burrell Street Sexual Health Centre in London and got his results back within a minute — the test was negative.
“It is amazing how quick it is,” he said.
However, the Prince admitted he was nervous before undergoing the finger-prick procedure. “Even being the person that I am and [knowing the type of] people I end up being around, I’m still nervous,” he said. “Which is interesting.”
Harry went on to explain that he got checked in order to destigmatize HIV testing. “So whether you’re a man, woman, gay, straight, black or white — even ginger — why wouldn’t you come and have a…[test?]”
Watch the full video below.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.