Prince Harry took a HIV blood test live on the British royal family’s Facebook Thursday to demonstrate how easy it is to get checked. The 31-year-old royal was tested at the Burrell Street Sexual Health Centre in London and got his results back within a minute — the test was negative.
“It is amazing how quick it is,” he said.
However, the Prince admitted he was nervous before undergoing the finger-prick procedure. “Even being the person that I am and [knowing the type of] people I end up being around, I’m still nervous,” he said. “Which is interesting.”
Harry went on to explain that he got checked in order to destigmatize HIV testing. “So whether you’re a man, woman, gay, straight, black or white — even ginger — why wouldn’t you come and have a…[test?]”
Watch the full video below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at email@example.com