Ghosbusters star Kristen Wiig took The Bachelorette fans to the Fantasy Suite last night when she appeared on The Tonight Show as the show’s current wannabe-wife, Jo Jo Fletcher.
When Jimmy Fallon announced that the star of The Bachelorette was in the house, it seemed plausible (save for the fact that The Bachelorette is exclusively the provenance of the other Jimmy, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel). It was a delightful surprise when Wiig arrived on stage in full Bachelorette regalia from the blown-out hair to the statement earrings to the clingy gold gown with a plunging neckline and a rose clutched in her hand.
Fallon used the opportunity to grill Wiig’s Jo Jo (that’s short for Jo Jo-sephina) about what happens inside the Fantasy Suites. “There’s fountains!” she explained. She is undoubtedly eager to spend some time inside one with her suitors “Scotchy,” “Deucy,” “Korn,” and, of course, “Mark Hammill” which is her endearing nickname for Jordan Rodgers who looks just like “Jor Jor Binks” from Star Wars (a film she has never seen, of course).
She then used the opportunity to talk about her ideal date and to speak directly to Ben Higgins who broke her heart on the last season of The Bachelor.
Wiig also took the opportunity to ask a ghost to accept a rose in song.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.