Ghosbusters star Kristen Wiig took The Bachelorette fans to the Fantasy Suite last night when she appeared on The Tonight Show as the show’s current wannabe-wife, Jo Jo Fletcher.
When Jimmy Fallon announced that the star of The Bachelorette was in the house, it seemed plausible (save for the fact that The Bachelorette is exclusively the provenance of the other Jimmy, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel). It was a delightful surprise when Wiig arrived on stage in full Bachelorette regalia from the blown-out hair to the statement earrings to the clingy gold gown with a plunging neckline and a rose clutched in her hand.
Fallon used the opportunity to grill Wiig’s Jo Jo (that’s short for Jo Jo-sephina) about what happens inside the Fantasy Suites. “There’s fountains!” she explained. She is undoubtedly eager to spend some time inside one with her suitors “Scotchy,” “Deucy,” “Korn,” and, of course, “Mark Hammill” which is her endearing nickname for Jordan Rodgers who looks just like “Jor Jor Binks” from Star Wars (a film she has never seen, of course).
She then used the opportunity to talk about her ideal date and to speak directly to Ben Higgins who broke her heart on the last season of The Bachelor.
Wiig also took the opportunity to ask a ghost to accept a rose in song.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org