A newly released trailer for the upcoming fantasy movie A Monster Calls gives us Neeson with all his gravitas in the form of a great beastly tree. When the kid sees him, he’s all: whoa, and the Neeson tree monster’s like, “whoa indeed.”
In the movie, which is based on the 2011 novel by Patrick Ness, it’s Neeson’s booming voice all right, but his weepy eyes are replaced with balls of fire. Conor O’Malley’s (Lewis MacDougal, Pan) who appears to be losing his mom (Felicity Jones) to cancer, commands the tree to take out all his anger by busting up everything around them, and it’s visually astounding and heartbreaking like most things Neeson does. Sigourney Weaver stars as the strict grandmother.
The movie is scheduled to hit theaters October 2016.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time