Kanye West paid tribute to his late mother Donda West early Wednesday morning with a tweet that included a special wish from his daughter North. The Life of Pablo rapper shared the heartfelt message from he and Kim Kardashian’s 3-year-old to mark what would have been Donda’s 67th birthday.
“Nori asked if the airplane could take her to heaven to see your for your birthday, I love you mom,” Kanye tweeted in all caps along with a photo of him and his mom.
Donda passed away in 2007 from complications following a plastic surgery procedure.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk