Pokémon Go is taking over the world so that means Florida.
Anyone who tuned in to Florida news station WTSP for the local weather forecast saw their state being walked all over by a Pokémon Go catching zombie who was willing to go anywhere or over anything in her attempt to catch them all—even through the set of a live news broadcast.
The unnamed woman wandered through the weather report with her eyes on her phone seemingly determined to catch a Jigglypuff or whichever creature lurked across the office. Perhaps the news station has turned into a Pokegym? Whatever the reason, she was so intent on firing her Pokeballs in the augmented reality game that she was completely oblivious to the very real fact that the cameras were on and her co-worker was actually doing his job.
Be careful out there, folks! Augmented reality can have real world effects.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow