Electric automaker Tesla on Wednesday unveiled a less expensive version of its Model X SUV.
The vehicle, called the Model X 60D, has a range of 200 miles and top speed of 130 miles per hour. It starts at $74,000 before applicable government rebates. The top-end version of the Model X, called the P90D, starts at $115,500 and offers a range of 250 miles with a top speed of 155 miles per hour.
The cheaper SUV comes amid strong consumer demand for larger vehicles, although falling sedan sales have meant a weaker overall automotive market. Tesla recently unveiled a sedan with a starting price of about $35,000. But that car, called the Model 3, won’t be available until next year at the earliest.
It has been a turbulent few weeks for Tesla and its chief executive, Elon Musk. Musk’s plan for Tesla to purchase struggling residential solar firm SolarCity, in which he is the largest shareholder as well as chairman, was broadly met with skepticism. Meanwhile, ethical questions have emerged about Tesla’s handling of a fatal accident involving its Autopilot semi-autonomous driving mode. And last week, the company reported lower-than-expected sales numbers.
[findthebest id=”bDWp59bxcnr” title=”Tesla Motors Inc. (TSLA) Stock Price – 1 Year” width=”600″ height=”545″ url=”https://w.graphiq.com/w/bDWp59bxcnr” link=”http://listings.findthecompany.com/l/12234646/Tesla-Motors-Inc-in-Palo-Alto-CA” link_text=”Tesla Motors Inc. (TSLA) Stock Price – 1 Year | FindTheCompany”]
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement