Electric automaker Tesla on Wednesday unveiled a less expensive version of its Model X SUV.
The vehicle, called the Model X 60D, has a range of 200 miles and top speed of 130 miles per hour. It starts at $74,000 before applicable government rebates. The top-end version of the Model X, called the P90D, starts at $115,500 and offers a range of 250 miles with a top speed of 155 miles per hour.
The cheaper SUV comes amid strong consumer demand for larger vehicles, although falling sedan sales have meant a weaker overall automotive market. Tesla recently unveiled a sedan with a starting price of about $35,000. But that car, called the Model 3, won’t be available until next year at the earliest.
It has been a turbulent few weeks for Tesla and its chief executive, Elon Musk. Musk’s plan for Tesla to purchase struggling residential solar firm SolarCity, in which he is the largest shareholder as well as chairman, was broadly met with skepticism. Meanwhile, ethical questions have emerged about Tesla’s handling of a fatal accident involving its Autopilot semi-autonomous driving mode. And last week, the company reported lower-than-expected sales numbers.
[findthebest id=”bDWp59bxcnr” title=”Tesla Motors Inc. (TSLA) Stock Price – 1 Year” width=”600″ height=”545″ url=”https://w.graphiq.com/w/bDWp59bxcnr” link=”http://listings.findthecompany.com/l/12234646/Tesla-Motors-Inc-in-Palo-Alto-CA” link_text=”Tesla Motors Inc. (TSLA) Stock Price – 1 Year | FindTheCompany”]
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption